An adaptation of our favourite warming soup by the talented Amelia Freer. The best part is that there’s very little to do in the way of chopping because you just need to blend it all together at the end so it’s really simple to make. You also don’t get the yellow stain from using turmeric if you use our natural root capsules instead. All the flavour and goodness as well as all the antiviral, antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
- 2 Amala Pure Health turmeric capsules
- 6 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 red or green chili, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 litre fresh organic chicken stock
- Fresh coriander to serve
- Heat a large pan and add the coconut oil. Once melted add the onion, garlic and chili to soften. Keep an eye on them that they don’t go brown or burn
- Add the carrots and mix well together.
- Season with ½ tsp sea salt and fresh black pepper.
- Now simply add the cumin, cashew nuts and turmeric capsules – they easily open.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and using a blender, make it all nice and smooth.
- Sprinkle with delicious fresh coriander when serving.
Et voila! So simple and seriously delicious.
We would love to hear your feedback. Enjoy!